Executive summary is written to persuade sales pitch because it can provide complete picture of any proposal or report to the reader. It is usually written for nontechnical people who do not have time to read complete report. Executive summary contains enough information for a reader to get familiarized with the contents of full report without reading it. Successful executive summary can lead you toward lots of positive opportunities. It is best way to make your business proposal successful because the executive summary will save the time of reader and increase his/her level of understanding. Executive summary should be concise but packed with necessary information. It is necessary to use all important contents to inspire the reader so carefully select the information for executive summary. Here is a professional Executive Summary Template that can help any manger or suprvisor to create comprehensive Executive Summaries quickly,
Tips to Write Executive Summary
Executive summary is an important part of your business report or proposal and it is essential to write it carefully. In order to help you, I am going to share some tips to write an effective executive summary:
- Executive summary is important to write for all those business reports that exceed from four pages. Start writing executive summary after writing the main report and make sure to keep it concise to 1/10th of the total length of main report.
- Executive summary should contain all those details that you want to covey to your reader(s). It should cover all important details that are available in the body of your document. Try to include all those details that can grab the attention of your reader.
- Write simple, persuasive and declarative sentences while considering S.P.A rule such as:
- State your benefits but acknowledge the needs of your customers also in order to grab their attention.
- Prove your statement with different references such as give example of past performances, clients, writing papers, case studies, achievements etc.
- Apply your benefits to your clients by presenting the real value of your proposal not only for customer but for the entire organization. You can use representation such as number, percentages, references, facts and studies instead of marketing puffery or commercial fluff.
- It is time to ask your customer action in order to clarify your statement. Use action words in your statement to show the path of illumination to your customer. Answer all who, what, when, where and how in order to make your executive summary useful.
- Keep your executive summary as simple as possible in order to increase the readability and understanding of your proposal. Make sure to remove all possible barriers that can hamper your reader from understanding your point of view.
- Proofread executive summary more than twice in order to correct, edit or revise all possible errors because these errors can spoil your all efforts. If you are expecting any legal complication then consult your lawyer before finalizing your executive summary.
Here is download link for this Executive Summary Template,